Powered By Blogger

Joey Pigza Loses Control - May 4, 2010

Jack Gantos really did a great job in writing the book Joey Pigza Loses Control. This book made me laugh many times because of Joey's actions. I remember once when he tucked his dog, Pablo under his shirt. That was really funny. I have a connection from this book to me. Sometimes in this book, Joey would suddenly feel a little crazy but tries to get himself under control. Sometimes when I have a lot in my mind I want to burst but I always try to hold it back. This helped me understand how hard it is for Joey to get himself under control. This is a just right book for me because I can understand all the text and I find the book very interesting.

One character that changed in the book is Joey Pigza. At the beginning of the book, he was a very crazy boy who would always get in trouble. Throughout the book, Joey becomes more aware of his craziness and starts to calm down. I think that it was his father that caused him to change. This is because all the way through he book, his father kept on telling him that normal people do not wear patches. Joey really wants to be normal so he does what his father tells him to do. Some things go smoothly and some, well..., not really. Another character that changed is Joey's grandmother. She gradually became nicer. Joey's dog Pablo helped her change. I think this because She gradually developed a love for Pablo and usually when you develop love for an animal you will become nicer.

The problem of the story was that Joey wanted to become a normal kid and that his father was also a little bit crazy. The problem was resolved by Joey and his father helping each other to become less hyper and that Joey goes back to living with his mother. I feel very happy about this conclusion. I would have changed the ending of the story. The story ended with Joey losing his baseball game and his mother picking him up. I would have made Joey win his baseball game. I would also have made Joey take his grandmother with him since his grandmother became a nice and kind lady. I think that the author's message was that anything could be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment